Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Smear the Queer" is what it’s called

Apparently, it’s a game for children much like rugby. Each time it’s uttered, a laugh follows, of pleasure, with the possibility of sarcasm thrown in. pleasure in much the same way people say they enjoyed the movie, “Boy’s Don’t Cry.” A pleasure I reject.

Smear the Queer. Did you play it?
I'm to mad to rhyme.

Did you play it and never think of where it’s from,
Of who played it last or where it’s bleeding out?
Smear the Queer- Kill him off,maybe leave him dead.
It’s a game where guns don’t kill, children do.
So here’s how it goes:

Take 3-6, or maybe 7, sometimes even 8
Carbonate their pop pop desires, Shaking up their failing essay
Twist the top off, revise instead of threaten, no never threaten
Leave them alone, or together and add a boy walking by.
A boy? Did I say I boy? A boi, a grrrl, a neither
But…another human- an unlucky survivor
Victim lends too much power, the switch flipped on
(It’s not a fucking game)
Onto me, I’m not a fucking ball.
With my pink skin, which never tans
And stitches down my chest,
I am not oblong, I am not leather,
My life is not a game.
Do my eyes reflect to much wonder?
Or maybe you don’t know.
Everything we hear, we learn, tell me how wrong I am- how right you are.
Smear the queer? You’re still laughing, as you say the game.
Rugby for children, toss the football, then the tackle
Really never hearing what I said.
Smear the queer, you can’t remember.
I remember, she remembers, he remembers.
Even now they’re dead.

No comments: